- 500-piece puzzle
- Comes disassembled
- Final size is 18" x 24"
- Vintage postcards are from Calgary Public Library's Williams & Harris Shared History Centre. From top left moving clockwise:
1. Memorial Park Library, c. 1929, BC Printing & Litho Ltd.
2. Central Memorial Park and Library, c. 1960, G. Morris Taylor
3. View of 13th Avenue SW with Library in the background, c. 1907, L.C. Wilson, Bookseller & Stationer, Calgary
Memorial Park Library opened in 1912. The classically-inspired building has a grand columned entrance and staircase, rich and ornamental exterior, and elegant interior.
Memorial Park Library was the first public Library in Alberta. Annie Davidson, one of Calgary’s cultural pioneers and visionaries, championed the building alongside the Calgary Women’s Literary Club. The site of the future Library, now known as Central Memorial Park, was chosen in August 1908. Funds for construction came from American businessman and philanthropist Andrew Carnegie, who supported 125 libraries across Canada.
100% of proceeds from this purchase support the Calgary Public Library.